Ingenious AV is on the cutting edge in the Houston area when it comes to the design, installation and integration of easy-to-use affordable home automation products that can enhance your home life by giving you automated control of virtually every electrical device throughout your home or office. We’ll program it, train you, and be there for you when you have questions or need troubleshooting.
The same dedication to quality, design and workmanship that we apply to your home can be carried through to your commercial, retail, corporate or professional business.
Consider an audio system to enhance the image of a store, a spa or salon, a doctor’s office, a bar or a restaurant. Integrate a video system to keep clients and patients relaxed and occupied in a waiting room. Install a surveillance system and an outside and/or interior lighting system with automated controls for increased security.
Whether its background audio, conference room video, or closed circuit monitoring, Ingenious Audio & Video has the experience to create and install the systems you need to improve your client/customer relationship.
If you’re not even sure where to start with the idea of whole home automation, answer a few of these questions to get started:
What do you want to automate?
Just the lights? Or do you want to include appliances like furnace and air conditioner, security system, and home entertainment too?
Are your current appliances compatible?
Before you drop a dime, be sure your current furnace and air conditioner, security system, and home entertainment equipment will cooperate. You may also need to replace light switches, alarm keypads and thermostats.
What is your budget for this project?
If your budget is tight, you can start with a system that can expand to include more functions later.
How much does home automation cost?
Prices can range from a few hundred dollars for basic systems to many thousands of dollars for whole-house automation systems.
Things to remember:
- The master control panel must be located in a convenient, central place.
- Install a system with telephone and Internet-based remote control so you can turn on your home’s system as you approach, check its status when you’re away, and shut down the house as you leave.
- Choose a system with a vacation mode to track your lighting patterns while you’re home, and recreate them when you’re gone so your house appears occupied. Separate programs for weekdays and weekends should be standard.
- Be sure the wireless touch-screen controllers are programmable, are easy for you to use, and work anywhere in the house.
- Install an uninterruptible power supply with your system to maintain service even if the power goes off.
- If you’re looking to combine top-of-the-line products from a variety of vendors, make sure they’re compatible with each other.
- Shop for a system that gives you maximum flexibility. The more preset options, the better.
What is RF (radiofrequency) control?
Radio frequency (RF) controls can be useful if you’re installing home automation in an existing house. These don’t require extra wiring for controls.
Contact us at 713-384-2366 for a complimentary in-home or in-office consultation to discuss your dreams. We’re always happy to meet with you and provide references. We’ll drive just about anywhere, from the Houston area to the Hill Country, or the Gulf Coast. Just give us a call!